While we may be a touch obsessed with the X4 M40i, the best value is in the base X4 xDrive28i model. Starting at $48,595 including destination, this model has nearly everything most buyers would want: 19-inch wheels, fog lights, heated mirrors, leatherette seating, a nine-speaker audio system, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and more.
On top of these desirable standard features, there are tons of options to choose from, like Nevada Leather upholstery, various wheel designs, multiple interior trims, an M Sport package, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Here’s how we would build our X4:
- Model: 2018 BMW X4 xDrive28i
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 240 hp / 260 lb-ft
- Transmission:Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 18 city / 25 hwy
- Options:Driving Assistance Package ($1,700, head-up display, blind-spot monitoring, and speed limit info), Parking Assistance Package ($700, surround-view camera and semi-automatic parking), Navigation ($1,700).
- Base Price:$48,595 (including the $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$52,695