In terms of price, the Premium Luxury trim sits in the middle of the CT6 lineup, but there's certainly nothing average about the level of equipment. Standard features include all-wheel drive, surround-view cameras with recorder, a 12-inch configurable gauge cluster, and a color head-up display. The rearview mirror can display streaming high-definition video captured by the rear camera. Major options are limited to Cadillac's Super Cruise autonomous driving system, a rear infotainment setup with dual displays, and a 34-speaker Bose Panaray sound system.
This high-end hardware is impressive, but isn't for every driver's taste or pocketbook. The Premium Luxury comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine. Cadillac also offers a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6, which provides a major boost in power without a mileage penalty. Some buyers will object to the lack of a V8 engine in a car like this, but the twin-turbo should satisfy even them.
- Model: 2018 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury
- Engine: 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6
- Output: 404 hp / 400 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 18 City / 26 Hwy
- Options: 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine ($4,000)
- Base Price: $66,290 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $70,290