Many buyers will be happy with even a base Escalade, which is equipped with heated leather seats, a heated leather steering wheel, automatic parking assist, a WiFi hotspot, navigation, and a 16-speaker Bose sound system. The long-wheelbase ESV model adds extra cargo capacity, but all except the largest families won’t need it.
We’d spring for the Luxury trim for its upgraded safety technology. The Escalade’s body doesn’t get amazing scores in NHTSA crash testing, but Cadillac has done well keeping up with modern safety suites. The Luxury trim adds a bevy of sensors and assist features, along with automatic emergency braking and automatic high beams. As a bonus, you get extra-big 22-inch rims with chrome inserts. With all-wheel drive, it’s the multi-capable Escalade we’d have.
- Model: 2018 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
- Engine: 6.2-liter V8
- Output: 420 hp / 460 lb-ft
- Transmission: 10-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 14 City / 21 Hwy
- Options: Metallic Exterior Color ($625), All-wheel drive ($3,000)
- Base Price: $81,590 (including the $1,295 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $85,215