The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD comes in regular, double, and crew cab configurations and your choice of engines and drivetrains. You get standard and long bed choices too. For some, the size will depend as much on the cap you choose.
We chose the crew cab with four-wheel drive, as this combination ensures the maximum number of people and the extra grip needed when roads are slick. The LT trim has cloth seats, an EZ lift and lower tailgate, satellite radio, Chevrolet MyLink, connected services and 4G LTE Wi-Fi.
Opting for the diesel engine is an expensive proposition, but it's something we chose for two reasons: 910 pound-feet of torque at the ready and engine longevity. When you buy a heavy-duty truck, you typically plan to keep it for many years. This Duramax diesel with its powerful Allison transmission has that longevity in mind. It's one step above the bare bones Work Truck trim and just below the well-equipped LTZ.
- Model: 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Standard Box
- Engine: 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8
- Output: 445 hp / 910 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive
- MPG: N/A
- Options: Four-wheel drive ($3,300), Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 engine ($9,395, heavy-duty transmission), Convenience Package ($1,425, remote starter system, rear-window defogger, dual-zone climate control, 10-way power driver's seat, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, 110 AC power outlet)
- Base Price: $44,895 (including a $1,395 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $59,015