Pricing for the 2018 Chevrolet Spark four-door hatchback begins at $13,925 for an LS manual and rises to $19,545 for a fully-equipped 2LT automatic. Those two trims, plus the two in between (1LT and Activ), share a 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine, as well as the choice of either a manual or CVT automatic transmission.
We'd like to take advantage of the Spark's $295 advanced safety package (forward collision warning and lane departure warning), but that means stepping up to the 2LT automatic that's priced dangerously close to a number of larger, better finished compacts.
Considering that, we'd choose the 1LT manual that includes everything on the LS – a rearview camera, seven-inch touchscreen with MyLink, Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay compatibility, Bluetooth, and Siri Eyes Free – as well as 15-inch alloy wheels, power windows, mirrors, and locks, keyless entry, cruise control, fog lights, and steering wheel-mounted controls for phone, audio, and cruise. Here's how we'd build it:
- Model: 2018 Chevrolet Spark 1LT manual
- Engine: 1.4-liter four-cylinder
- Output: 98 hp / 94 lb-ft
- Transmission: Five-speed manual
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 30 City / 38 Hwy
- Options: Premium carpeted floor mats ($135)
- Base Price: $15,750 (including the $875 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $15,885