Pricing for the 2018 Chevrolet Trax starts at $21,895 for a front-wheel-drive model in LS trim and tops out at $31,940 for an all-wheel-drive Premier model finished in available Orange Burst Metallic equipped with the optional Driver Confidence II Package (forward collision warning, lane departure warning), Power Sliding Sunroof, and 18-inch Midnight Silver alloy wheels. Power windows and locks, a rearview camera, and a 7.0-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto capability are standard on all trim levels.
With a single drivetrain choice, we'd skip the bare-bones LS, as well as the FWD Premier model with a base price of nearly $2,500 more than a FWD Chevrolet Equinox LS, which leaves the LT. LT upgrades include remote start, projector headlights, LED taillights, 16-inch alloy wheels, satellite radio, roof side rails, cruise control, deep tinted glass, and power mirrors. Here's what it looks like:
- Model: 2018 Chevrolet Trax LT
- Engine: 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 138 hp / 148 lb-ft
- Transmission:Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 22 City / 28 Hwy
- Options: LT Convenience Package ($450, two spare keys, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, cloth- and leatherette-trimmed seats, a power driver's seat, keyless push-button start, body-color door handles), Driver Confidence Package ($495, rear park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot monitoring).
- Base Price: $23,895 (including a $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$24,840