Available in two models, 2018 Volt prices range from $34,095 for one in base LT trim, and can top $43,000 for a loaded Premier model finished in optional Iridescent Pearl Tricoat. With only one drivetrain, the choice comes down to equipment levels.
Despite losing the option of some advanced safety features, we'd forego the Premier model's extras (wireless charging, automatic park assist, lane keeping assist, Bose sound, etc.), choose the LT, and spec it out like this:
- Model: 2018 Chevrolet Volt LT
- Engine: 1.5-liter four-cylinder range extender / 111 kW two-motor drive unit / 18.4-kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- Output: 149 horsepower / 294 lb-ft
- Transmission: One-speed direct drive
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 106 MPGe combined / 42 mpg combined
- Options: Driver Confidence Package ($790, rear park assist, blind-spot monitoring, lane change alert, rear cross-traffic alert), Comfort Package ($460 – required with Driver Confidence Package – heated front seats, heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather-wrapped shift knob, heated outside mirrors), and Leather Appointed Seats ($900, required with Driver Confidence Package).
- Base Price: $34,095 (including an $875 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$36,245 (before any federal/state tax credits)