The eighteen 2018 Challenger models range in price from $28,090 for the base SXT model to nearly $98,000 for a fully-optioned SRT Demon. Buyers where the snow flies looking for a year-round driver would be better served with the $34,590 AWD GT. For everyone else, we'd skip it, both SXT models, and the base V8 R/T and make a beeline for the V8 R/T Plus.
That's because the performance upgrade over the V6 is worth every penny, while pushing past 375 horsepower stretches even what we feel is necessary (if you disagree, study the 475-horsepower Scat Pack – no one actually needs the 707-hp SRT Hellcat or the 840-hp Demon).
The R/T Plus model adds Nappa leather seating, a heated power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, larger 8.4-inch touchscreen, satellite radio, bright pedals, and access to a number of optional advanced active safety features not available on R/T and lower trims.
- Model: 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
- Engine: 5.7-liter V8
- Output: 375 hp / 400 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
- MPG: 16 City / 25 Hwyy
- Options: Eight-speed automatic ($1,500), Technology Group ($1,195, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams, rain sensitive windshield wipers), Driver Convenience Group ($1,095, HID headlights, rear park assist, blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, power, multi-function fold-away mirrors, remote start), Power Sunroof ($1,195), Red Brake Calipers ($195).
- Base Price: $37,590 (including a $1,095 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $42,770