2018 Fusion models range in price from $22,120 for a front-wheel-drive model in base S trim and runs on up to $39,625 for one in Platinum trim with all-wheel-drive. We'd skip the S version and its spartan interior as well as the Sport model with a ride that's almost too firm and instead opt for the SE.
With a choice of three engines, this volume trim also allows access to a number of option packages ranging from entertainment and technology features to advanced active safety systems (although the safety features are only available with the 1.5-liter turbo four). It's also offers the broadest array of engines and the choice of all-wheel drive, and all for a starting price of $23,395.
- Model: 2018 Ford Fusion SE
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 245 horsepower / 275 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- MPG: 21 city / 31 highway
- Exterior color: Magnetic Metallic
- Interior color:Ebony
- Options: 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine ($1,795), Equipment Group 201A ($1,095, steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, 18-inch alloy wheels, rear spoiler, fog lamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel, black cloth/vinyl bolster seats), Technology Package ($595, eight-inch touchscreen with Sync3, dual-zone automatic climate control, 210-watt premium audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, reverse sensing system), power moonroof ($1,095).
- Base Price: $24,270
- As Tested: $28,850