Outside of its standard engine, the base GMC Acadia is a decent buy. Sure, its $29,995 price tag (including a $975 destination charge) may seem high, but the Acadia has a lot to offer, even in its base trim (push-button start, three-zone climate control, a seven-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto). That said, we recommend moving a little upstream to the $36,155 SLE-2 trim and opting for the 3.6-liter V6 engine, which adds another $1,095 to the bottom line. This engine delivers a more satisfying driving experience than the base four-cylinder with only a small drop in fuel economy.
We also suggest adding a few optional packages, like the Driver Alert Package and the Exterior Convenience Package. These include desirable features like rear park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, roof rack cross rails, and more with just another $1,650 investment.
- Model: 2018 GMC Acadia FWD SLE-2
- Engine: 3.6-liter V6
- Output: 310 hp / 271 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- MPG: 18 City / 25 Hwy
- Exterior color: Summit White
- Interior color: Dark Ash Gray / Light Ash Gray
- Options: Driver Alert Package ($790, rear park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, and lane-change alert), Exterior Convenience Package ($860, roof rack cross rails and molded steps), 3.6-liter V6 ($1,095).
- Base Price: $36,155
- As Tested: $38,900