With a lineup that offers four trim levels and three engines, pricing begins at $25,990 for the entry-level SL trim and tops out at over $45,000 for a fully-loaded Denali model (prices include a $995 destination charge).
We'd pass on the base SL and midrange SLE and opt for the SLT. It offers all three engine options, a leather interior, a larger 8.0-inch touchscreen with in-vehicle apps and satellite radio, plus access to the widest range of advanced safety features.
- Model: 2018 GMC Terrain SLT
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 252 horsepower / 260 pound-feet of torque
- Transmission: Nine-speed automatic
- MPG: 22 city / 28 highway
- Exterior color: Graphite Gray Metallic
- Interior color:Medium Ash Gray/Jet Black
- Options: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine ($1,845), Graphite Gray Metallic Paint ($395), Power Glass Sunroof ($1,495), Driver Alert Package I ($840, lane change alert, blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, rear parking assist, safety alert rear seat), Driver Alert Package II ($495, low-speed automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, lane departure warning, automatic high beams).
- Base Price: $32,315
- As Tested: $36,890