The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid is a five-passenger hatchback that comes in base and Limited trims. This PHEV’s power comes from a gas engine, an electric motor, and by means of regenerative braking, before it's routed to the front wheels.
We chose the Limited over the base trim as it adds such features as LED headlights, side mirrors with turn signal indicators, and chrome embellishments. You'll also find a power driver’s seat with lumbar support, leather seats, and an LCD instrument cluster. The Limited adds blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert and lane keeping assist.
We didn't choose the available Ultimate Package ($3,750), which upgrades the audio, navigation, and driver-assist features accordingly. All models come with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, rendering a navigation package unnecessary.
- Model: 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Limited
- Engine: 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor
- Output: 104 hp /109 lb-ft (139 total system horsepower)
- Transmission:Six-speed dual-clutch
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 52 mpg combined (29-mile all-electric range)
- Options: None
- Base Price:$29,185 (including an $885 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$29,185