The 2018 Santa Fe ranges in price from $30,850 for a front-wheel-drive model in base SE trim and rises to $44,350 for one in Limited trim with all-wheel-drive and equipped with the Tech Package. All models feature a 290 horsepower 3.3-liter V6 matched to a six-speed automatic as well as a high level of standard equipment.
We'd pass on the base SE for the midrange SE Ultimate with its leather interior, panoramic sunroof, heated steering wheel and middle-row seats, heated and cooled front seats, smart key with pushbutton start, rear side window sunshades, hands-free liftgate, larger eight-inch touchscreen, Infinity sound system, multi-view camera system with rearview camera, and rear parking sensors. Choosing the Ultimate trim also gains access to the optional Tech Package with its host of active safety features.
- Model: 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate
- Engine: 3.3-liter V6
- Output: 290 horsepower / 252 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- MPG: 18 City / 25 Hwy
- Exterior color: Regal Red Pearl
- Interior color: Beige
- Options: Tech Package ($2,100, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, electronic parking brake, dynamic HID headlights, and automatic high beams)
- Base Price: $39,800
- As Tested: $41,900