The 2018 Jaguar XE is a compact luxury sedan. This models seats five and comes with standard rear- and available all-wheel drive. Jaguar offers this model in XE, XE Premium, XE Prestige, and XE R-Sport trims.
Jaguar supplies three engine choices: a turbocharged four-cylinder gas engine, a turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine, and a supercharged V6 engine. All three are matched with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Sadly, there isn’t a manual transmission to be had with the XE.
Our choice is the XE Premium with the turbodiesel engine. This model builds on the base trim, adding automatic-dimming and power-folding side mirrors, Homelink, a Meridian sound system and a 40/20/40-split folding seat. The XE starts off with halogen headlights, an electric tilt and slide glass moonroof, 10-way power front seats, and Jaguar Touch with an eight-inch capacitive touch-screen display.
Here's how we'd build ours:
- Model: 2018 Jaguar XE Premium
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbodiesel inline-four
- Output: 180 hp / 318 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 32 City / 42 Hwy
- Options: Cold Climate Package ($1,020, heated front windshield, heated washer jets, heated front seats, heated steering wheel), Vision Package ($2,680, adaptive Xenon headlights with LED signature lights, automatic high beams, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, front and rear parking aids, lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking)
- Base Price: $40,820 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $44,520