The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee pricing begins at $31,690 for a two-wheel-drive Laredo model and climbs to over $100,000 for a fully-optioned Trackhawk. An eight-speed transmission is standard on all seven trim levels (Laredo, Limited, Trailhawk, Overland, Summit, SRT, and Trackhawk). Most models offer a choice of three engines – a 295-horsepower 3.6-liter V6, a 360-hp 5.7-liter V8, or a 240-hp 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel, while the SRT and Trackhawk feature a 475-hp 6.4-liter V8 and a 707-hp supercharged 6.2-liter V8, respectively.
We'd skip the entry-level Laredo – its pitifully short on available options – and opt for the Limited model that adds an upgraded interior with heated leather seats and steering wheel, a more sophisticated four-wheel-drive system with hill-descent control, remote start, plus access to the widest range of active safety features. We'd take it a step further with the Luxury Group II that upgrades the leather seats and adds better exterior lighting, a larger touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility, plus a panoramic sunroof to brighten up the interior. We'd also choose every advanced safety feature available.
We'd also suggest adding the Off-Road Adventure II Package, even if you have no intention of driving on anything but paved roads. For a start, at $2,495, it's not that expensive. But it's the only way to score the impressive four-corner air suspension, which has a transformative effect on the Grand Cherokee's ride. That item alone is worth the price – that this package also adds an upgraded four-wheel-drive system that comes with selectable drive modes, a stouter rear axle, and an electronic limited-slip rear differential. You'll also score a bunch of underbody protection and all-season tires.
Here's how we'd build it:
- Model:2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD
- Engine:3.6-liter V6
- Output:295 horsepower / 260 lb-ft
- Transmission:Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain:Four-wheel drive
- MPG:18 City / 25 Hwy
- Options:Luxury Group II ($4,495, leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, panoramic sunroof, HID headlights with LED foglights, running lights, and automatic high beams, rain-sensing wipers, a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, 8.4-inch touchscreen with navigation, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto, SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link), Off-Road Adventure II Package ($2,495, air suspension, upgraded four-wheel drive, 230-mm rear axle, selectable drive modes, electronic limited-slip rear differential, underbody skid plates, all-terrain tires, tow hooks, and Trail Rated badge), Active Safety Group ($1,495, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, automatic park assist, rain-sensing wipers), blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert ($595).
- Base Price:$41,290
- Best Value Price:$50,370