Generally, a range-topping model isn’t marked as a great value, but that’s the case for the 2018 Jeep Renegade, as we found the Limited trim to be the best value. Despite its range of upscale standard features that includes a seven-inch touchscreen, SiriusXM satellite radio, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 18-inch wheels, a 115-volt outlet, leather seating with heated front seats, and more, it’s not terribly priced at $26,840 for a front-drive model.
But this is a Jeep, and even in a tiny crossover, that badge means nothing without power going to all four wheels. Plan on spending an extra $1,500 for the Renegade's all-wheel-drive system.
We also recommend adding the Advanced Technology Group ($995). Adding this package requires the addition of the Safety and Security Group ($895), too. The former adds a batch of active safety systems, making the tiny Renegade even safer on today's big highways, while the latter's importance centers on the headlights – it replaces Jeep's traditionally awful halogen headlights with brighter, clearer HIDs. That improvement alone is worth the $895 price tag.
- Model: 2018 Jeep Renegade Limited 4x4
- Engine: 2.4-liter MultiAir four-cylinder
- Output: 180 hp / 175 lb-ft
- Transmission:9-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 21 city / 29 hwy
- Options: Advanced Technology Group ($995, automatic high beams, forward collision alert, lane-departure warning, and rear parking sensors) and Safety and Security Group ($895, blind-spot detection with rear cross-traffic alert, HID headlights, security alarm, and tonneau cover)
- Base Price:$28,345 ($1,195 destination fee included)
- Best Value Price:$30,230 (destination fee included)