With seven trims to consider, choosing the “right” 2018 Sorento may depend on your budget and personal preferences. That said, we like models equipped with the powerful V6 engine, so that rules out three grades. The 3.3 EX with a starting price of $32,087 (including a $940 destination charge) is the pick of the Kia Sorento litter.
At this price point, you have a well-equipped model with keyless entry with push-button start, leather seats, dual-zone climate control, and seating for seven.
We don’t recommend stopping there either. The EX Advanced Touring Package includes a roster of driver-assist features that families will appreciate. Here’s how we would build it:
- Model:2018 Kia Sorento EX V6
- Engine:3.3-liter V6
- Output:290 hp/252 lb. ft.
- Transmission:6-speed automatic
- Drivetrain:All-wheel drive
- MPG:18 city / 25 highway
- Options:EX Advanced Driving Package ($2,900, advanced smart cruise control, autonomous emergency braking, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, panoramic sunroof, a power sunshade, and a 110-volt power inverter), All-wheel drive ($1,800)
- Base Price:$35,040 (including $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$39,740