Pricing for the 2018 Stinger begins at $32,800 for the rear-wheel-drive 2.0L model, which is powered by a 255-horsepower, 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, and climbs to $52,300 for the GT2 trim with all-wheel drive, which is equipped with a 365-hp, 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6.
The typical power features are present, as well as 18-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry with push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather seats (power driver's and passenger), a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, steering wheel paddle shifters, Bluetooth, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and a seven-inch touchscreen. Standard active safety features include a rearview camera and front and rear parking sensors.
Blind-spot monitoring, lane change assist, rear cross-traffic alert, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and driver attention warning are standard on the GT2 and optional on all other models.
We'd opt for the Stinger GT1 model, which adds a sunroof, LED headlights and taillights, 19-inch alloy wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Sport summer tires, a launch control system, dynamic torque vectoring control, Brembo brakes, high-performance dampers, LED interior lighting, an eight-inch touchscreen with navigation, a Harman Kardon sound system, and a flat-bottom steering wheel. We'd also choose all-wheel for all-season driving, and toss in a number of optional safety features. Here's how we'd build it:
- Model:2018 Kia Stinger GT1
- Engine: 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6
- Output:365 hp / 376 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain:All-wheel drive
- MPG:19 City / 25 Hwy
- Options: All-wheel drive ($2,200), Kia Drive Wise Package ($2,000, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring with lane change assist, driver attention warning, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, automatic high beams, lane departure warning, lane keeping assist, rear cross-traffic alert, rain-sensing wipers)
- Base Price:$44,150 (including the $900 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$48,350