While you can choose one of the wild-child AMG models or the Coupe body, we suggest sticking with the standard GLE 350, which is only available in the traditional two-box body. It’s got plenty of pop from its 302-horsepower V6 engine and comes loaded with premium features, like 19-inch wheels, automatic wipers, a sunroof, a power liftgate, leatherette upholstery, dual-zone climate control, a power-adjustable steering wheel, a 10-way power driver’s seat, an eight-speaker audio system, two USB ports, and more.
We also recommend adding the Premium 1 Package to get most of the upscale features a luxury car shopper would want, including navigation, satellite radio, a 14-speaker audio system, and a 115-volt outlet. Plan on spending $720 for paint (unless you're in love with the no-cost black or white options), and we'd add another $1,620 for leather upholstery. All told, we'd end up just under $60,000 for our ideal GLE350.
- Model: 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE350 4Matic
- Engine: 3.5-liter V6
- Output: 302 hp / 273 lb-ft
- Transmission: Seven-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 18 Cit/ 23 Hwy
- Options: Premium 1 Package ($3,050, Android auto, Apple CarPlay, navigation, SiriusXM, lane-keep assist, keyless ignition, 115-volt plug, Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 surround sound, and blind-spot assist), leather upholstery ($1,620), metallic paint ($720)
- Base Price: $53,195 (including $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $59,435