The V8 powertrains are mighty indeed, but you’ll have to shell out at least an extra $25,000 if you want one. That means that value-wise, the base GLS 450 is the way to go. Don’t worry – you’re still getting a twin-turbocharged V6 with 362 horsepower, a nine-speed automatic transmission, and standard all-wheel drive.
The interior of a stock GLS is relatively spartan, but a few options will spruce it up. Most of these are features we wish were standard: leather seats, tri-zone automatic climate control, and a package with basic tech compatibility. Still, there are some nice included touches, like heated front seats, power side mirrors, a sunroof, and a power liftgate.
- Model: 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450
- Engine: 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6
- Output: 362 hp / 369 lb-ft
- Transmission: Nine-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 17 City / 22 Hwy
- Options: Leather seats ($1,620), Heated Steering Wheel ($250), Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control ($1,450), Premium 1 Package ($3,830, blind-spot monitoring, lane keeping assist, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, power front passenger seat, ambient lighting, push-button start, illuminated front door sills, navigation, XM radio, CD/DVD player, voice control)
- Base Price: $70,545 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $77,695