Pricing begins at $28,490 (including destination) for a 4x2 base Tradesman V6 regular cab model and can top over $60,000 for a loaded 4x4 Crew Cab Limited Tungsten trim with the optional turbodiesel.
Like most full-size pickups, Ram 1500 buyers are faced with a dizzying number of choices: nearly 20 wheel designs, 12 trim levels, three bed lengths, three body styles, one rear-wheel- and two four-wheel-drive systems, as well as three engines – a 3.6-liter V6, a 5.7-liter V8, and a 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel (all mated to an eight-speed automatic).
This year, Ram has added a new top trim – the Limited Tungsten edition – as well as a leather interior option for Rebel models, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to optional 8.4-inch touchscreen systems, Sirius Guardian remote services, and a standard rearview camera across the lineup.
We'd opt for the Sport because it features body-colored front and rear bumpers, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, an electronic on-demand transfer case, LED taillights and running lights, power adjustable pedals, 20-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, an 8.4-inch touchscreen display with satellite radio, and offers the option of easier-to-clean leather seats (powered, heated, and cooled up front).
- Model: 2018 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 5'7" Box
- Engine: 3.6-liter V6
- Output: 305 horsepower / 269 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive
- MPG: 16 City / 23 Hwy
- Options: 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio ($95, required with V6 and 4WD), Convenience Group ($545, automatic high beams, keyless push-button start, rain sensitive wipers), Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps ($695), Ram Box Cargo Management System ($1,295), Spray-In Bedliner ($495), Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats ($1,545, 115-volt power outlet, bucket seats, folding flat load floor storage, full length upgraded floor console, high back seats heated and ventilated in front, power 10-way driver and six-way passenger seats with power lumbar, rear 60/40 split folding seat), Rear Window Defroster ($195).
- Base Price: $45,790 (including a $1,395 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$50,655