The 2018 Ram ProMaster City is a front-wheel-drive van that seats two. All models have a four-cylinder engine paired with an automatic transmission. It comes in Tradesman and SLT trims, and the Wagon version is available in base Wagon and SLT form. We considered van versions only, although, if you want a wagon, a second-row bench seat is added. Thus, the Promaster City becomes a direct competitor to the Ford Transit Connect Wagon. However, we think this model is best suited for commercial purposes.
Our model of choice is the SLT as it adds such things as painted bumpers, full wheel hubcaps, upgraded cloth seats, and integrated navigation. You get all this and pay just $1,695 more. You still enjoy 132 cubic feet of storage capacity and up to 2,000 pounds of towing when properly equipped. Our only upgrades include the trailer tow package and color choice – if you want something other than white you’ll pay extra.
- Model: 2018 Ram ProMaster City SLT
- Engine: 2.4-liter inline-four
- Output: 178 hp / 174 lb-ft
- Transmission: Nine-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 21 City / 28 Hwy
- Options: Trailer Tow Group ($495, Class II receiver hitch with a two-inch receiver opening and a 4/7-pin wiring harness), Black Metallic Exterior Paint ($200)
- Base Price: $27,190 (including a $1,545 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $27,885