Available in four all-wheel-drive trim levels, pricing for the 2018 RAV4 Hybrid begins at $28,430 for an LE and finishes up at $37,000 for a Limited model with the available Advanced Technology Package with options.
With a single engine and transmission choice, the RAV4 Hybrid comes with a range of standard advanced safety features (a rearview camera, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning with steering assist, and automatic high beams), and an equipment list that includes the usual power bits plus dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, keyless push-button start, and privacy glass.
The choice comes down to equipment level. Although it isn't any sportier, we'd gravitate to the SE with easier-to-clean leatherette seats, brighter and more efficient LED headlights and taillights, a moonroof, a height-adjustable power liftgate, 18-inch alloy wheels, heated front seats, blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, keyless push-button start, and an upgraded audio and rearview camera system with navigation, Siri Eyes Free, satellite radio, and HD traffic and weather. Here's how we'd build it:
- Model: 2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE
- Engine: 2.5-liter four-cylinder, 50-kw electric motor
- Output: 194 hp / 206 lb-ft (hybrid system net)
- Transmission: Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 34 City / 30 Hwy
- Options: None
- Base Price: $33,480 (including a $1,045 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $33,480