An orphan from the Scion brand, the Yaris iA's mono-spec heritage means pricing begins at $16,845 for a six-speed manual and ends at $17,945 with a six-speed automatic (both prices include the $895 destination charge).
Those prices are remarkable when you consider a list of standard features that includes air conditioning, push-button start, tilt/telescope steering column, and a rear view camera along with low-speed forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking. Adding to the mix is an infotainment system consisting of a seven-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth phone and music streaming, two USB ports, and an auxiliary input. Steering wheel audio controls are also standard.
The six-speed manual is a real kick to drive, but realistically most buyers will choose the automatic, which looks like this:
- Model: 2018 Toyota Yaris iA
- Engine: 1.5-liter four-cylinder
- Output: 106 hp / 103 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 32 City / 40 Hwy
- Options: None
- Base Price: $17,945 (including an $895 destination fee)
- Best Value Price: $17,945