Offered in only a single trim, pricing for the 2018 Tiguan Limited starts at $23,150 for the front-wheel drive model and tops out at $26,915 for the all-wheel-drive version equipped with the optional Premium Package and seventeen-inch alloy wheels. Under the hood is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The usual power features are present, plus a five-inch touchscreen, keyless entry, heated outside mirrors, and Bluetooth connectivity. While a rearview camera is also standard, advanced safety features like forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and adaptive cruise control are not offered.
With a single trim, we'd opt for the all-season versatility of the all-wheel-drive model and kick things up a notch with the Premium Package. The Tiguan Limited's budget focus is its strongest attribute, so we'll pass on the optional 17-inch wheel package and its $495 premium.
- Model: 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Limited SE
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 200 hp / 207 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 19 City / 25 Hwy
- Options: 4Motion all-wheel-drive ($1,975), Premium Package ($1,295, roof rails, 6.3-inch touchscreen, HD radio, satellite radio, USB port, multi-function leather-wrapped steering wheel, cargo cover, keyless push-button start, leather-wrapped gearshift knob, cruise control, and Volkswagen App Connect, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto)
- Base Price: $23,150 (including a $900 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$26,420