The Volvo S60 is offered in five trim levels, a regular and long wheelbase, on- and off-road ride heights, front- and all-wheel-drive systems, and three engine choices. T5 models come with a 240-horsepower, 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, T6 trims feature a 302-hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder, while Polestar models are equipped with a 362-hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder. All three engines are coupled to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Pricing starts with the $35,095 T5 Dynamic and finish at over $61,000 for the range-topping Polestar.
Looking for the best value, we'd eliminate the niche Cross Country, pricey T6 R-Design, and fun-but-even-pricier Polestar. Families with rear seat legroom needs might want to consider the longer-wheelbase (by three inches) Inscription, but for everyone else, we'd pick the base Dynamic trim.
Included in the starting price are 18-inch alloy wheels, HID headlights, start/stop technology, an electric parking brake, leather seats, a sunroof, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, automatic climate control, an illuminated gearshift knob, Bluetooth, satellite radio, a power driver's seat, a rearview camera, heated outside mirrors, and low-speed automatic emergency braking. The T5 Dynamic also allows access to option packages that can add everything from advanced safety systems to a navigation system. Here’s how we’d build it:
- Model: 2018 Volvo S60 T5 Dynamic
- Engine: 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 240 hp / 258 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 22 City / 33 Hwy
- Options: All-wheel drive ($2,000), Technology Package ($1,500, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, driver alert, lane keeping assist, road sign information, automatic high beams, rain-sensing windshield wipers), Vision Package ($1,950, front and rear park assist, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, TFT instrument display, keyless push-button start), Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel ($750)
- Base Price: $35,095 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $41,295