The V60’s trim levels have a lot to offer – the Cross Country is a versatile take on an upscale Outback, and the Polestar does an excellent sports-car impression. But the best value is still the base Dynamic trim. Volvo’s 2.0-liter turbocharged engine pumps out 240 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque, which is plenty of oomph for most buyers. With judicious package selections, the V60 is a luxurious and high-tech wagon at a competitive price.
The first package we’d add would be the Vision Package, which adds the safety technologies we wish were standard: blind-spot monitoring, cross-traffic alerts, rear parking assist, and a rearview camera. The Technology Package adds the rest of the high-tech goodies: adaptive cruise control, intelligent wipers and high beams, lane keeping assist, and automatic emergency braking. Top if off with a cold-weather package, and you have a wagon that'll make you feel like a king.
Even after destination fees and all those packages (plus all-wheel drive), our V60 rings up at less than you’d pay for a bone-stock BMW 3-Series wagon. Not bad.
- Model: 2018 Volvo V60 Dynamic
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 240 hp / 258 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 22 City / 33 Hwy
- Options: All-wheel drive ($2,000), Vision Package ($1,950, Homelink, push-button start, adaptable instrument display, blind-spot monitoring, cross-traffic alerts, rearview camera, rear parking assist), Technology Package ($1,500, adaptive cruise control, rain sensor, intelligent high beams, drowsiness alerts, lane keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, distance alerts, road sign information), Heated Seats/Heated Steering Wheel Package ($750).
- Base Price: $39,245 (including a $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price: $45,445