With three models offered in three trims – each with its own engine – pricing starts with the $42,495 T5 Momentum and tops out at $72,000 and change for the top-line T8 Hybrid in Inscription trim.
The best value has to be the T6 in Momentum trim with the supercharged and turbocharged version of Volvo’s 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. With a starting price of $45,895 and 316 horsepower under the hood, it offers a 9.0-inch portrait-style touchscreen, leather seats, a leather-wrapped wheel, a panoramic sunroof, automatic high-beam LED headlights, automatic steering assistance, lane keeping assist, road sign information, a rearview camera, 19-inch wheels, and the Volvo On Call smartphone app with remote start and lock/unlock.
The Momentum also allows access to option packages that can add everything from advanced safety systems to a navigation system that includes a digital instrument display.
Here’s how we’d build it:
- Model: 2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum
- Engine: 2.0-liter, supercharged and turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 316 hp / 295 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 21 City / 27 Hwy
- Options: : Vision Package ($1,100, Park Assist Pilot, front and rear park assist, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, power retractable rearview mirrors, auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors), Convenience Package ($2,200, drive mode settings, heated wiper blades, smart key with push-button start, hands-free power tailgate, Pilot semi-autonomous drive with adaptive cruise control, power-folding second row seats and headrests, power rear door child locks), Heated Front Seats ($750, heated front seats, heated steering wheel).
- Base Price: $45,895 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$49,945