Many luxury SUVs, with those from Germany in particular, often offer cool features that are available in a labyrinth of packages and standalone options that can drive the price up before you know it. That's not the case with the Acura RDX, which comes very well equipped at a base price of less than $40,000 with dual-zone climate control, keyless entry, a panoramic roof, 12-way power seats, and the AcuraWatch driver assistance package among other luxury touches. And all options are summed up in a total of three additional trim packages.
Of the packages, the Technology Package is the best value, as it essentially gives the RDX everything you would expect an luxury SUV to have like leather seats, blind-spot monitoring, navigation, and real time traffic updates. This is all offered at a price that can make competitors blush. We'd also spend the money to upgrade to all-wheel drive, which suits the surprisingly sporty RDX well.
- Model: 2019 Acura RDX
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder
- Output: 272 hp / 280 lb-ft
- Transmission: 10-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 21 City / 27 Hwy
- Options: Super Handling All-wheel Drive ($2,000), Technology Package ($3,200, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, front and rear parking sensors, leather-trimmed sport seats, navigation, 12-speaker premium audio system)
- Base Price: $38,295 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $43,495