Between the A4’s three trims, the base Premium option offers the best value. Not only does it come with niceties like heated front seats and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, but luxury extras like leather seats are included as well. Most base-spec luxury sedans use synthetic leather, and some brands charge fees for smartphone compatibility (we’re looking at you, BMW).
Choosing an engine is a little more difficult. All A4’s use the same turbocharged four-cylinder, but power output varies depending on drivetrain. The cheapest way into an A4 is to opt for front-wheel drive, which lands you with the lesser tune.
Upgrading to all-wheel drive costs a steep $4,600, but it includes an uprated engine. In our opinion, the extra power is worth it – the sharper engine is both confident and refined, matching a nimble but compliant ride.
Although the A4 is pleasant in stock form, we’d probably spring for the Convenience Package to unlock a few worthwhile tech upgrades. So equipped, our A4 slides just under $45,000:
- Model:2019 Audi A4 Premium
- Engine:2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output:248 hp / 273 lb-ft
- Transmission:Seven-speed dual-clutch automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy:23 City / 34 Hwy
- Options:Convenience Package ($1,500, front seat memory settings, motion-sensing alarm, keyless entry, push-button start, seven-inch driver information display, heated and powered side mirrors with memory settings, satellite radio)
- Base Price:$42,995 (including the $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$44,495