Enthusiasts will naturally gravitate toward the more powerful X4 M40i with its 355-horsepower, 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six engine, but the entry-level X4 xDrive30i is the option that offers the most value.
The xDrive30i comes with a lot of features that buyers look for in a luxury vehicle. Things like 18-inch wheels, LED headlights and fog lights, heated exterior mirrors, a 10.3-inch touchscreen, 10-way power front sports seats, BMW's SensaTec upholstery, a 12-speaker audio system, three-zone automatic climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a power liftgate, and a universal garage door opener are all standard.
As always, BMW continues to offer an impressive amount of optional packages and features to create the ultimate X4. If we were going to build a X4, here's how we'd spec one:
- Model:2019 BMW X4 xDrive30i
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output:248 hp / 258 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain:All-wheel drive
- MPG:22 City / 29 Hwy
- Options: Premium Tier ($2,600, a head-up display, a heated steering wheel, gesture control, keyless entry, lumbar support, satellite radio), Driving Assistance Package ($500, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection), Driving Assistance Plus Package ($1,700, adaptive cruise control with stop and go, lane keeping assist, side collision avoidance, front cross-traffic alert, traffic jam assist, evasion aid)
- Base Price:$51,445 (including the $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$56,245