It’s counterintuitive to talk about value in a car that sells on exclusivity, but if it’s value you’re after, the best bet is an X6 xDrive35i. BMW’s all-wheel-drive system is capable and lends some all-weather capability, and the 3.0-liter turbocharged six-cylinder engine offers plenty of oomph for most buyers. With 300 horsepower, it pushes the X6 from zero to 60 mph in six seconds flat.
Luxury is equally abundant. Leather upholstery is standard, along with automatic climate control, heated front seats, climate and seat memory settings, a glass moonroof, push-button start, parking sensors, and dynamic headlights. Thankfully, BMW has made safety features like automatic emergency braking standard for 2019.
It’s best to be judicious in BMW’s option configurator, where hasty option selection can add thousands in just a few clicks. We’d keep things simple and opt for the Premium Tier, which adds a host of luxury features (like a head-up display, a parking assistant, and a WiFi hotspot) for less than $3,000. So equipped, our X6 just manages to stay just under $70,000:
- Model:2019 BMW X6 xDrive35i
- Powertrain: 3.0-liter turbocharged six-cylinder
- Output: 300 hp / 300 lb-ft
- Transmission:Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 18 City / 24 Hwy
- Options:Convenience Package ($1,150, keyless entry, four-zone automatic climate control, satellite radio with one-year subscription), Premium Package ($1,750, surround-view cameras, enhanced USB and Bluetooth, wireless charging, WiFi hotspot, head-up display, parking assistant)
- Base Price:$66,845 (including the $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$69,745