The XT4 offers an unusual approach to trims, with two equally-priced upper trims offering either upgraded features or a sportier aesthetic. But both add a hefty premium, so for value we’d stick to the base trim. It still gets LED headlights and taillights, parking assist, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and an eight-inch infotainment touchscreen.
Front-wheel drive is standard, and unless you need all-weather capability, FWD keeps the XT4’s mileage high. We do like the Cold Weather package, which heats up both rows of seats and the steering wheel. Even so equipped, our Cadillac XT4 slides in at just over $37,000 – thousands less than even the most basic BMW X3, Audi Q5, or Mercedes-Benz GLC.
- Model: 2019 Cadillac XT4 Luxury
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 237 hp / 258 lb-ft
- Transmission: Nine-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 25 City / 30 Hwy
- Options: All-wheel drive ($2,500), Metallic Paint ($625), Cold Weather Package ($850, heated front seats, heated outboard rear seats, automatic heated steering wheel)
- Base Price: $35,790 (including a $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price: $39,765