The 2019 Chevrolet Colorado is a mid-size pickup truck with space for as many as five passengers. Chevrolet offers the Colorado in five trims: Base, WT (Work Truck), LT, Z71, and ZR2. There are two cabin choices: Extended and Crew. The Colorado comes with either a five-foot-one-inch or a six-foot-two-inch bed.
Three engine choices are on the docket. Two are gasoline and one is a turbodiesel. Paired with all three engines is an automatic transmission, although the base four-cylinder engine comes standard with a manual transmission. You’ll pay extra to upgrade to the automatic. Rear-wheel drive is standard and four-wheel drive is available, and the payload capacity ranges from 1,492 to 1,574 pounds. As for towing, this truck pulls a minimum of 3,500 pounds with some models rated as high as 7,700 pounds.
Standard equipment includes halogen headlights with automatic control, 16-inch wheels, tilt steering, cloth seats, a six-speaker audio system, and a locking tailgate.
Here’s how we’d build our best value Colorado:
- Model: 2019 Chevrolet Colorado 2WD Extended Cab, Long Box LT
- Engine: 2.5-liter four-cylinderr
- Output: 200 hp / 191 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
- MPG: 20 City / 26 Hwy
- Options: Kinetic Blue Metallic paint ($395), Luxury Package, Chrome ($1,230, projector beam headlights, chrome heated side mirrors, chrome door handles, chrome rear bumper, power-operated front seats with lumbar control, automatic climate control, heated front seats, single-zone automatic climate control), LT Convenience Package ($690, front fog lights, rear sliding window, rear window defogger, EZ-lift and lower tailgate, remote start, body-color heated outside mirrors)
- Base Price:$28,495 (including a $995 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $31,760