Chevrolet’s Impala is a front-wheel-drive-only model with room for five passengers. Chevy offers the Impala in LS, LT, and Premier trims.
There are two engine choices with the Impala. A 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 197 horsepower and 191 pound-feet of torque starts things off and is standard on the LS and LT trims. Standard with the Premier model and available elsewhere is a 3.6-liter V6 engine with 305 hp and 264 lb-ft of torque. Both engines work with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Standard features include halogen headlights, automatic light control, power side mirrors, and 18-inch steel wheels. Inside, the Impala has a tilt-and-telescopic steering column, full power accessories, cloth seats, a power driver’s seat, and climate control. Chevy also includes a six-speaker audio system, satellite radio, an eight-inch color touchscreen display, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility, and USB ports.
Our pick is the Impala LT with the V6 engine. We like this model because it brings in such features as alloy wheels, heated side mirrors, dual-zone climate control, a power-operated front passenger seat, and two additional USB ports.
- Model: 2019 Chevrolet Impala LT
- Engine: 3.6-liter V6
- Output: 305 hp / 264 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 19 City / 28 Hwy
- Options: 3.6-liter V6 engine ($1,095), Driver Confidence Package ($495, rear park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, lane change alert, blind-spot monitoring), LT Convenience Package ($875, carpeted floor and trunk mats, trunk cargo net, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, 120-volt power outlet, auto-dimming rearview mirror, Universal Home Remote)
- Base Price: $31,395 (including an $875 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $33,860