The Spark starts at just $14,095, but while the base LS trim includes nice technologies like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, it also means living with roll-up windows, manual locks, and hubcaps. We’d much rather spring for the 1LT trim, which adds power windows, power locks, 15-inch alloy rims, and cruise control.
The fancier 2LT and Activ trims add luxuries like heated seats and keyless start, but they also push prices north of $18,000, which is pricey territory for a minicar. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is available, but it drones incessantly and costs more than the manual. The only other major choice on the Spark is whether to add a power sunroof, but with such limited roof space, we’d rather skip the view of the city smog.
Our Spark would look like this:
- Model: 2019 Chevrolet Spark 1LT Manual
- Engine: 1.4-liter inline four-cylinder
- Output: 98 hp / 94 lb-ft
- Transmission: Five-speed manual
- Drivetrain:Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 29 City / 38 Hwy
- Options: None
- Base Price: $15,995 (including an $875 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $15,995