You won’t find many base-spec Traverses on dealership lots, and that’s not a bad thing. Given that nearly all models share the same heart – a willing 310-horsepower V6 – choosing a trim comes down to the right blend of features and value. In our opinion, even the LS trim is too spartan.
Instead, we’d skip up to the Traverse LT Cloth, which includes a few welcome creature comforts like an eight-way power driver’s seat, heated side mirrors, fog lights, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. It still allows access to safety tech, but won’t inflate prices into luxury SUV territory. All-wheel drive is available, but it’s a primitive system that we wouldn’t recommend unless your climate requires it. Parking sensors, however, are all but a necessity with the Traverse’s bulk.
Ours would look like this:
- Model: 2019 Chevrolet Traverse LT Cloth
- Engine: 3.6-liter V6
- Output: 310 hp / 266 lb-ft
- Transmission: Nine-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- MPG: 18 City / 27 Hwy
- Options:Convenience and Driver Confidence Package ($1,795, eight-inch infotainment touchscreen, 4.2-inch driver information display, heated front seats, universal home remote, remote start, power liftgate, lane change alert, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, rear parking assist)
- Base Price: $36,495 (including a $1,195 destination fee)
- Best Value Price:$38,290