Ford offers a choice of standard and extended wheelbase models, the latter marketed as the Expedition MAX and with nearly a foot more space between the axles. This SUV comes with standard rear-wheel drive and available four-wheel drive. Ford offers both versions of the 2019 Expedition in XLT, Limited, and Platinum trims.
Our pick begins with the MAX, simply because the extra 15 cubic feet of cargo space comes in handy. We like the Limited edition as it builds on the standard trim with its fog lights, cloth seats, base infotainment package, and basic safety and security package. The Limited edition includes an enhanced security package, 20-inch dark-painted wheels, a hands-free foot-activated liftgate, leather seats, heated and ventilated front row seats, heated second-row outboard seats, dual-zone climate control, SYNC3 infotainment, and wireless charging.
- Model:2019 Ford Expedition Limited MAX
- Engine:3.5-liter turbocharged V6
- Output:375 hp / 470 lb-ft
- Transmission:10-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy:16 City / 21 Hwy
- Options:Four-wheel drive ($3,120), 301A Equipment Group ($3,030, panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, 22-inch black-painted aluminum wheels, continuous controlled damping, surround-view camera system, cargo package, heavy-duty trailer package, LED headlights and fog lights, enhanced parking assist)
- Base Price:$67,100 (including the $1,395 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$72,660