You have a choice of a four-door hatchback or a sedan with the Fiesta. Our advice is to go with the hatchback and the extra bit of storage space it supplies. The Fiesta is a front-wheel-drive model with room for five. The sedan comes in S and SE trims, while the hatchback is served in SE, ST-Line, and ST trims, with the latter representing a performance model.
Most models have a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with 120 horsepower and 112 pound-feet of torque. The Fiesta ST comes with a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with 197 hp and 202 lb-ft of torque. The base engine works with either a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission. The Fiesta ST comes only with a six-speed manual gearbox. The list of standard features includes 15-inch steel wheels, hill start assist, torque vectoring control, a manual tilt-and-telescopic steering column, cloth seats, and a six-speaker audio system.
While we’re tempted to recommend the ST hatchback and all the performance it delivers, we strike a middle ground by opting for the ST-Line, which delivers the look with its high-mounted spoiler and 16-inch black-painted aluminum wheels.
- Model: 2019 Ford Fiesta ST-Line Hatchback
- Engine: 1.6-liter four-cylinder
- Output: 120 hp / 112 lb-ft
- Transmission:Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 27 City / 37 Hwy
- Options:PowerShift Automatic Transmission with SelectShift ($1,095), AM/FM Stereo/Single-CD/MP3 Capability and Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link ($795)
- Base Price: $18,500 (including the $875 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$20,390