It’s not often that we recommend the highest possible trim as a value pick, but hear us out. The XF to have is the Sportbrake wagon. It’s wildly good looking, immensely practical, and exclusive in a way few cars can claim. The Sportbrake comes in two trims: Prestige or S. The Prestige is lovely, and it comes with most of the equipment we’d want on a luxury vehicle: leather seats, navigation, parking sensors, and the rest.
What it doesn’t come with is Jaguar’s suite of safety equipment, which must be added in a package. That package sends the price perilously close to $70,000, and it doesn’t even include the best features, like adaptive cruise control, parking assist, and a surround-view camera (which is a blessing on such a long body).
Instead, for just a few thousand more, you can get the safety tech standard along with a self-leveling air suspension and 20-inch wheels, all powered by an intoxicating supercharged V6. Next to one of the XF’s only rivals, the Mercedes-Benz AMG E 63 S, the value is genuinely good.
Yes, it’s still a splurge, but it’s a Jaguar – what did you expect?
- Model: 2019 Jaguar XF Sportbrake S
- Engine: 3.0-liter supercharged V6
- Output: 380 hp / 332 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy:18 City / 25 Hwy
- Base Price: $72,210 (including the $995 destination fee)
- Best Value Price: $72,210