With a starting price of $33,190 (including destination) for the entry-level Laredo trim that can swell to $88,145 for the range-topping Trackhawk, there's a Grand Cherokee out there for every budget. There are 12 trims in total, and five different powertrains to choose from, so choices are aplomb for the Grand Cherokee's strong points.
The mid-level Limited trim is the most attractive with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 295 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. The motor is paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission and, for those that want some excellent off-road capability, the Limited trim also adds the Quadra-Trac II four-wheel-drive system.
Standard features on the trim include: dual-zone automatic climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-trafficalert, rear parking sensors, remote keyless entry, a Selec-Terrain System, 18-inch wheels, heated exterior mirrors, a power liftgate, heated front seats, an 8.4-inch display, a six-speaker audio system, a Wi-Fi hot spot, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and navigation.
Despite the Limited trim's strong list of standard features, there are a few extra packages we'd tack onto the SUV. Here's how we'd build it:
- Model: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
- Engine:3.6-liter V6
- Output: 295 hp / 260 lb-ft
- Transmission:Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 18 City / 25 Hwy
- Options: Four-wheel drive ($2,000), Luxury Group II ($3,495, premium nine-speaker audio system, automatic high beam headlights, bi-xenon HID headlights, a sunroof, LED fog lights, heated rear seats, leather-trimmed seats, LED daytime running lights, a power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, rain-sensing windshield wipers, ventilated front seats), Off-Road Adventure II ($2,495, a 230-mm rear axle, all-season all-terrain tires, an electronic limited-slip differential, skid plates, air suspension, Selec-Speed Control, steering-wheel-mounted shift levers, tow hooks, a Class IV tow hitch), Jeep Advanced Active Safety Group ($1,495, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, full-speed forward collision warning, lane departure warning, parallel and perpendicular park assist, rain-sensitive windshield wipers)
- Base Price:$40,440
- Best Value Price:$49,925