The best value across the Sorento's line up easily lies with the mid-range EX trim level. The EX comes standard with the larger 3.3-liter V6, which is a far better powerplant for a vehicle of the Sorento's mass compared to the anemic 2.4-liter inline four cylinder. The EX also comes very well equipped with desirable standard features like leather upholstery, heated front seats, acoustic glass, and a host of active safety features. All this can be had for a starting price of $36,580, which is pretty competitive when compared many other vehicles in the Sorento's segment.
We'd skip the AWD option, and instead go for the EX Touring package to make this into a great family road tripper. The package is expensive, but it adds a bunch of goodies to help achieve this goal, like a panoramic sunroof, an upgraded Harmon/Kardon sound system, a 110V outlet for charging of a wide variety of devices, and second row sunshades.
- Model: 2018 Kia Sorento EX
- Engine: 3.3-liter inline four-cylinder
- Output: 292 hp/ 252 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed Automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 19 City / 22 Hwy
- Options: EX Touring Package ($3,400, panoramic sunroof, voice command navigation with 8-inch touchscreen, Harmon/Kardon 10-speaker sound system, second-row sunshades, 110 V outlet, front park distance warning, roof rails, heated steering wheel, LED overhead lighting), Panoramic Roof Cross Bars ($225, required with selection of EX Touring Package)
- Base Price: $36,580 (including a $990 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $40,205