The 2019 Kia Soul is a compact car with front-wheel drive that seats five. Kia offers the Soul in Base, Plus and Exclaim trim levels.
Kia supplies three engine choices, including two naturally-aspirated four-cylinder engines and one turbocharged engine. Each engine corresponds to a specific trim. The base model has a manual transmission or offers a six-speed automatic that's found in the Plus trim for a $1,700 upcharge. The turbo engine works with a dual-clutch seven-speed automatic transmission.
Our choice is the Soul Exclaim as it offers the most power of the three engines and has a leather interior. All models come with alloy wheels, power side mirrors, a rearview camera, six or more speakers, Bluetooth, and Siri Eyes Free. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility is standard on Plus and Exclaim Soul models.
The mid-grade Plus trim actually costs more than the Exclaim when you choose the Primo Package, which also requires upgrading to the Audio Package. This bundle adds $6,000 to your price, although this is the only way to get the automatic emergency braking system. Go figure.
- Model: 2019 Kia Soul Exclaim
- Engine: 1.6-liter turbocharged inline-four
- Output: 201 hp / 195 lb-ft
- Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 26 City / 31 Hwy
- Options: Technology Package ($3,000, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, HID headlights with automatic leveling, LED lights, power-folding side mirrors, an eight-inch color display with Kia’s UVO infotainment system, a Harman/Kardon audio system, a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, power-adjustable front seats, two USB charging ports)
- Base Price: $23,930 (including a $940 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $26,930