It may look like a tall wagon, but the Mini Countryman is marketed as a subcompact crossover. It straddles a segment between mainstream and luxury models, delivering premium features and the price that goes with it.
Mini offers the 2019 Countryman in base Cooper, Cooper S, John Cooper Works, and Cooper S E trims, and each of those is available in three sub-trims: Classic, Signature, and Iconic. The base model has a turbocharged three-cylinder engine, while a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine is available. You’ll find a standard six-speed manual transmission, but we opted for the larger engine, all-wheel drive, and the available eight-speed automatic.
Standard features include 17-inch alloy wheels, a panorama roof, a 6.5-inch media system, a rearview camera, parking sensors, and imitation leather seats. Our recommended 2019 Mini Cooper Countryman Cooper S ALL4 adds such features as 18-inch wheels and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Model: 2019 Mini Cooper Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Signature
- Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output: 189 hp / 207 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 22 City / 31 Hwy
- Options:Signature Trim ($3,000, touchscreen display, heated seats, keyless entry, Mini driving modes, dual-zone automatic climate control, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking), Touchscreen Navigation Package ($1,700, navigation, Apple CarPlay, connected services, wireless charging), Driver Assistance Package ($1,250, front park distance control, adaptive cruise control, parking assistant, a head-up display)
- Base Price: $32,750 (including the $850 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $38,700