The 2019 Subaru Impreza is a compact model available in two body styles: a four-door sedan or a five-door hatchback. This model seats five and comes in four trims: base 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, 2.0i Sport, and 2.0i Limited.
You’ll find one engine and two transmission choices with the 2019 Impreza. A 2.0-liter flat-four engine works with a five-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The CVT includes a sport mode for simulated gear shifts or steps.
The list of standard features includes halogen headlights, 16-inch steel wheels, power windows, power door locks, a tilt-and-telescopic steering column, cloth seats and air conditioning. A four-speaker audio system with a 6.5-inch color display is also standard. This system includes Bluetooth, USB and auxiliary ports, smartphone integration with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and select integrated apps.
We chose the Premium model as it adds several features most customers want, including automatic headlights, heated side mirrors, heated front seats, a six-speaker audio system, and a basic safety package with collision support. Our pick was also for the hatchback over the sedan for the greater versatility. While the sedan's trunk measures a modest 12.3 cubic feet, the hatchback has 20.8 cubes of standard storage space and a robust 55.3 cubic feet with the rear seat folded.
- Model: 2019 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 5-Door
- Engine: 2.0-liter Boxer four-cylinder
- Output: 152 hp / 145 lb-ft
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
- MPG: 28 City / 36 Hwy
- Options:EyeSight Driver Assist Technology Package ($1,395, lane keeping assist, lane departure and sway warning, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, lane change assist, rear cross-traffic alert, steering responsive fog lights)
- Base Price:$22,980 (including an $885 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$24,375