Toyota offers no fewer than six individual trim levels for the Tundra, but they get pricey in a hurry. Value seekers are best off in a Toyota SR5, which allows selection of the crew cab while getting the best bang for buck.
The base engine, a 4.6-liter V8, will be enough for many, but the upgraded 5.7-liter V8 offers a much better towing capacity. Toyota offers a host of packages, including everything from off-road upgrades to fancy rims, but none come cheap. Thankfully, the most important active safety tech (like lane departure alert, automatic high beams, pedestrian detection, steering assist, and adaptive cruise control) is standard.
- Model: 2019 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab with 6.5-foot Standard Bed
- Engine: 5.7-liter V8
- Output: 381 hp / 401 lb-ft
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive
- MPG: 13 City / 17 Hwy
- Options: None
- Base Price: $37,135 (including a $1,395 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$37,135