2023 Range Rovers Got Another Massive Price Increase

By

Automotive Editor

Based out of the Washington, D.C. area, Joel Patel is an automotive journalist that hails from Northern Virginia. His work has been featured on various automotive outlets, including Autoweek, Digital Trends, and Autoblog. When not writing about cars, Joel enjoys trying new foods, wrenching on his car, and watching horror movies. 

Follow On: Twitter

, Automotive Editor - February 6, 2023
2023 Land Rover Range Rover

The Land Rover Ranger Rover just got a lot more expensive. If you thought a six-figure starting price tag for the large luxury SUV was bad enough, you’ll be upset to hear that prices are on the rise. The automaker sent a letter to Land Rover dealers stating that prices for the 2023 Range Rover went up by as much as $8,400 as of January 1st.

According to the dealer bulletin, the base 2023 Land Rover Ranger Rover SE i6 SWB starts at $106,500 (prices do not include destination), which is an increase of $2,000 over the previous price. At the top of the range, the SV LWB went up by $8,200 to $226,500 compared to the previous price of $218,300.

These are some major price hikes and not the usual small increases we expect to see with a new model year. The Range Rover is available in 12 trims for the 2023 model year. Seven trims got a price increase of $8,200 or more, three are going up by at least $2,000, and two are going up by $6,200. A table of the increases for the 2023 lineup is below.

2023 Land Rover Range Rover Interior

2023 MY Range Rover Trim Current MSRP New MSRP Change in MSRP Price Protection Incentive Amount
SE i6 SWB $104,500 $106,500 $2,000 $1,740
SE PHEV SWB $108,400 $110,500 $2,100 $1,827
SE i6 LWB 7 $110,500 $112,500 $2,000 $1,740
SE V8 SWB $122,800 $129,000 $6,200 $5,394
SE V8 LWB 7 $128,800 $135,000 $6,200 $5,394
Autobiography SWB $157,600 $166,000 $8,400 $7,308
First Edition SWB $164,000 $172,400 $8,400 $7,308
Autobiography LWB $161,600 $170,000 $8,400 $7,308
First Edition LWB $169,400 $177,800 $8,400 $7,308
Autobiography LWB 7 $159,600 $168,000 $8,400 $7,308
SV SWB $193,100 $201,500 $8,400 $7,308
SV LWB $218,300 $226,500 $8,200 $7,134

Land Rover states that the increased prices went into effect on January 1st. Select sold orders that had a “confirmed” status will be eligible for Land Rover’s Price Protection Incentive. For consumers with an order that meets the requirement, they’ll be charged a smaller increase than everyone else.

For the base trim, the price protection incentive amount is $1,740 instead of $2,000. Land Rover claims that the price protection incentive is 87% of the price increase and that the other 13% is “accounted for within margin.” The automaker also states that retailers “may offer customers 100% of the difference between the current MSRP and the new MSRP.”

The last time Land Rover increased pricing for the Ranger Rover was last April. Back then, the SUV’s price went up by $7,100. The changes come as a mid-year price increase as the brand was transitioning to 2023-model-year vehicles. The latest price increases are the highest we’ve seen for the current-gen Range Rover.

Build & Price Your Range Rover

, Automotive Editor

Based out of the Washington, D.C. area, Joel Patel is an automotive journalist that hails from Northern Virginia. His work has been featured on various automotive outlets, including Autoweek, Digital Trends, and Autoblog. When not writing about cars, Joel enjoys trying new foods, wrenching on his car, and watching horror movies. 

Follow On: Twitter

Privacy Terms of Use Your Privacy Choices Disclaimer Cookie Policy Manage Preferences
COPYRIGHT 1999-2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba CarsDirect.com