The Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG is the newest and most powerful introduction to the C-Class lineup. The sedan carries the AMG badge—AMG is the division of Mercedes-Benz responsible for creating aggressively styled, high-performance vehicles engineered with racetrack technology.
What's New for 2016
Designed to replace the C400, the 2016 C450 AMG is an all-new offering that takes its cues from the top-of-the-line C63.
Choosing Your Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG
The C450 is Mercedes-Benz’s offering of an affordable AMG sport sedan with a starting price of $50,800. The compact sedan is powered by an AMG-tuned 3-liter twin-turbo V6 engine, producing over 360 horsepower. That means you can get to 60 mph in a hurry: 4.9 seconds to be exact.
The beauty of this Mercedes is the fully customizable driver experience including:
- A seven-speed automatic transmission
- Multiple drive models like Eco, Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Individual that adjust suspension, throttle and steering through a switch to the left of the touchpad
- An all-wheel drive system for responsive handling in any weather
The interior features signature AMG touches like black and red trim, red seatbelts, racing-style sport seats, an instrument cluster with"checkered flag" dial design and a 175-mph speedometer.
A silver chrome and high-gloss black exterior trim with an AMG front fender badge, two chrome-plated dual tailpipe trim elements and a trunk lid spoiler are standard features that give this model its signature AMG look.
Safety features like Adaptive Brakes, Collision Prevention Assist Plus to reduce rear-end collisions, and Attention fatigue prevention are standard.
Other standard features include sports pedals and an Audio 2.0 USB multimedia system.
While any C450 AMG offers plenty of visual and driver-experience impact, it can be further customized with additional options like:
- AMG’s one-piece Performance Seats with lower seating positions, a more contoured seat shape for enhanced support, integral head restraints and AMG badges
- Four options of 225/40 R 19 on 7.5 x 19 rims (front) and 255/35 R 19 on 8.5 x 19 (rear) in high gloss black or painted titanium grey, multispoke or 5-double-spoke design
- Carbon fiber and aluminum trim with a light-tone longitudinal grain
- Leather upholstery
- A complementary Night Package that switches out chrome trim for high-gloss black in the front bumper, rear and dual tailpipe trim elements
Upgrade to the one-piece racing-style Performance Seats and carbon-fiber trim interior to stay true to factory AMG styling.