Seeking ever-greater efficiency from its midsize crossover line, Mercedes-Benz has rolled out the ML250 BlueTEC, which carries a turbodiesel four-cylinder engine. The new model replaces last year's V6-powered ML350 BlueTEC in the M-Class family.
Used 2015 Mercedes-Benz ML250 BlueTEC For Sale Near MeThere are no vehicles within 100 miles of Please modify your search criteria.
2015 Mercedes-Benz ML250 BlueTEC Overview
What's New for 2015
The ML250 BlueTEC is a new addition to the existing M-Class, which is otherwise unchanged this year.
Choosing Your ML250 BlueTEC
While the BlueTEC's 2.1-liter four-cylinder might be new to the ML-Class, the engine has already proved its worth in smaller Mercedes-Benz vehicles. With 200 horsepower and a healthy 369 pound-feet of torque on hand, the ML250 BlueTEC is only marginally slower than the V6 model it replaces.
The real mission, of course, is fuel efficiency, which now stands at 25 mpg in combined driving. All-wheel drive comes standard, as does a seven-speed automatic transmission that's shared with the rest of the line. With 38 cubic feet of space behind the rear seat, the BlueTEC can easily handle family vacations or a pile of golf bags. Fold the seat down and you're looking at a generous 80 cubic feet.
The five-passenger interior comes standard with MB-Tex (premium vinyl) upholstery, wood trim, power heated front seats, a reclining rear seat, dual-zone automatic climate control and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The eight-speaker sound system features HD radio, a six-CD changer, and Bluetooth phone and audio. You also get a power liftgate, a sunroof, fog lamps, LED running lights and taillamps, and 19-inch wheels. Leather upholstery and upgraded wood finishes are optional.
- The available Premium package adds a plethora of desirable features in one fell swoop, including a rearview camera, power-folding and auto-dimming mirrors, driver memory with expanded seat controls, a power-adjustable steering wheel, satellite radio, and a navigation system with digital music storage and real-time traffic data.
- The Convenience package tacks on heated and cooled cupholders, rear sunshades and a cargo area pass-through.
- You can also add the Sport Interior package with front sport seats, simulated suede trim and a sport steering wheel.
- The exterior is eligible for a Sport package of its own with AMG styling details and 19- or 20- inch AMG wheels.
- Turning to safety, the Driver Assistance package adds adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning -- of all which can activate emergency braking if needed.
- The Parking Assist package offers front and rear parking sensors, automated parallel parking and a surround-view camera system.
- Weekend warriors will appreciate the On/Off-Road package, which includes a six-mode terrain selector, skid plates, low-range gearing and an adaptive air suspension.
There's certainly no shortage of individual options for the ML250 BlueTEC. You can choose from tempting features like a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen BeoSound system, a panoramic sunroof, tri-zone climate control, massaging and ventilated front seats, a split-view dash display and a dual-screen rear entertainment system.
We consider leather seating and the Premium package to be rather essential in a crossover of this caliber. Beyond that, we recommend making your selections carefully so as not to push the price beyond reason.