Adding the clean-diesel technology of the BlueTEC engine helps this version of the ML350 achieve better fuel efficiency than its gasoline-powered sibling. Yet it doesn’t sacrifice anything in the quality and comfort expected of a Mercedes-Benz.
What's New for 2014
There are no significant changes to the ML350 BlueTEC for the 2014 model year.
Choosing Your Mercedes-Benz ML350 BlueTEC
Because this SUV features the clean-diesel BlueTEC technology, there are no options here. The 3-liter turbo-diesel V6 produces 240 horsepower and 455 pound-feet of torque for towing duties. There’s a seven-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and all ML350 BlueTEC’s come with Mercedes-Benz’s standard 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
Despite some very nice standard equipment, such as a Nappa leather multifunction steering wheel, a sunroof, and eucalyptus wood trim, Mercedes-Benz offers a long list of options for this model. Among the individual (non-packaged) options are such equipment and features as:
- Running boards with a brushed aluminum finish and rubber studs to keep feet from slipping
- A Class III trailer hitch that includes wiring harnesses for trailer lights and brakes
- Interior ambient lighting produced by a network of LED lights with a choice of three colors
- A rear-seat entertainment system featuring two screens which can work together or separately along with two wireless headsets and remotes
- A Harman Kardon LOGIC7 sound system with 13 speakers and a subwoofer
- Heated rear seats and steering wheel, each available separately
- An in-vehicle WiFi hotspot
- Leather upholstery with burl walnut interior trim
- A panoramic sunroof as an upgrade to the standard version
Additional optional equipment is available through packages that bundle like features together, such as:
- The Premium 1 package that includes an assortment of electronics including a hard-drive navigation system, SiriusXM service along with Traffic and Weather, music and media interfaces and voice control function. Also included are a driver’s seat with memory and a rearview camera.
- The Sport package offers aerodynamic exterior styling and 19-inch 5-spoke wheels. The Sport Package Plus One exchanges those wheels for 20-inch wheels. Both include all-season tires.
- A Lighting package adds bi-xenon headlights that turn as the SUV turns and offer adaptive high beams.
Three bundles of electronic driver-assistance features include:
- Driver Assistance with adaptive cruise control with full braking, active blind-spot assist and active lane-keeping assist, both of which can help your car return to its lane.
- Parking Assist includes the Parktronic system that steers your car into a parallel-parking space and a surround-view camera system.
- Lane Tracking offers blind-spot and lane-keeping warning systems.
Many of the most desirable features and equipment are only available as options. Use care as you build your ideal ML350 BlueTEC or you might wind up with a price that's more in GL-Class territory.